Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dead fish

So Than took Garrick fishing this morning and when they came back Than relayed this conversation he had with Garrick to me. Garrick had found a dead fish floating in the water, and was poking it with a stick. Here goes;

Than - It's dead Garrick
Garrick - Let's heal it
Than - How are you supposed to heal death?
Garrick - By the power of the priesthood! Duh!
After my initial chuckle, it almost brought a tear to my eye! At the age of 5 1/2 he knows that "by the power of the priesthood" miracles happen. That a fish could be brought back to life. My little boy is growing up so fast!

Last week Aleksia relayed the story of Daniel and the Lion's den perfectly (in a 3 year old's version of course). I was truly amazed! She must be paying attention in primary! But in a way it makes me sad, because I want to be the one they learn the scripture stories from. Any of you have any good, fun, tried and true ways of doing such? I'd welcome any input!!!

2 comments:

Shannon B said...

TOOOOO cute!! You can always count on Garrick to say something like that!!! What a sweet smart boy. I love that some of the things these kids learn sink in (sometimes!!)

The Weldon Family said...

Awwwwwww. That's so cute. Way to go with teaching your children! You're inspiring!