Friday, November 30, 2007

Baby Curt's Funeral

The funeral for Curt was yesterday, and the L&D nurse and I went. It was a very nice funeral. I have only been to 4 funerals before, all of which where LDS, so it was kinda different, but still nice. I personally needed to see the mother, and see that she was doing ok. At least better then I envisioned her doing. There was a slide show they put together of pictures that Dad took prior to the transport team arriving (with me in a couple), then with the transport team there, a few after Mom arrived in Spokane, and then some after he had passed away (I knew that because he didn't have the breathing tube any more). It was very touching. I had heard from one on the Mom's friends, who is also a coworker of mine, that the staff up at Sacred Heart was WONDERFUL with them. So that was very comforting to me also. The Dad is an avid outdoors man, and on Curt's tiny little casket at his feet was a stuffed toy elk and a stuffed toy football. On our way out we gave the Mom & Dad a hug, and they where very touched that we came, so that made me feel good. The doctor and his wife (who is actually the Bishop in the Colfax ward and the kids' & mine doctor) showed up which I thought was really nice. I still think of that Mom frequently throughout my day, but the tears are (almost) gone. It brought a sense of closure for me, seeing the parents, and I know that they will be ok. They will still have alot of tears that they will shed, but they will be okay. So thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It makes me realize how lucky I am, and that I have 3 beautiful wonderful kids, that I now have more patience for, and spend more quality time with them. Because you never know when our turn here on life may be over. Thanks again everyone!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Thanks for the update...I've wondered about and prayed for this family. I've spent many nights rocking Cole and feeling so grateful for him and his health - stories like this make me all that much more grateful for the blessings in my life.

I hope you and your family are well! Alissa